Thursday, September 6, 2007

The tortoise and the truck

Everyone knows the story of the tortoise and the hare.

This one has a happier ending.

On our way from the farm to the shop this morning, I spied a lump in the road. I knew what it was and so did Jeanette - a turtle. A piece of potential roadkill.

I glanced in the rearview to make sure there was no one behind us, stopped and set my flashers, and got the slow moving critter out of the road. The dogs were interested, but not aggressive and Jeanette cooed over him... he sure was pretty. Spotted red and deep green.

We set him loose when we got the shop - facing away from the road.

Guess I need to get an 'I brake for turtles' bumpersticker... but how will people know I don't mean the teenage mutant ninja variety?

Blogged with Flock

No comments: