Friday, September 7, 2007

sticks and, well, sticks...

As we arrived at the farm this evening to take care of the critters and tuck them into bed, both Jeanette and Lena commented on the stick stuck in Muppet's neck fur. They both thought to remove it and one of 'em shrieked... well, not a shriek as much as a surprised "eek."

I went to see what was happening and was told that Muppet had a friend... an 8-inch long walking stick!

By the time I got Mups cornered, his friend was gone so I didn't get to see it... bummer.

I did get to see one earlier in the year. I thought I had seen walking sticks before, but never like these...

800px-Ctenomorpha_chronus_body
From Wikipedia

Meanwhile, it's been too rainy to work with the chainsaw and cut any more sticks, so the cord wood siding on the dinosaur has crawled to a stop... not that I'm even going to complain about the rain. It's wonderful!

No comments: